Step Teachers are currently seeking a passionate and dedicated Teaching Assistant to support a Year 4 class at a long-standing partner school, the role is starting immediately or January 2024 until the end of the academic year.
- To identify and report on the children’s progress and any further areas of development
- To work closely with the families to best support the students
- Putting together additional resources needed to help the students access the learning, with the aid of the class teacher
- Working closely with the Class Teacher to best support the students
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience working with students with special educational needs, particularly those with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- A patient and empathetic demeanour, with a strong ability to build rapport with students
- A relevant teaching assistant qualification or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of effective teaching and behaviour management strategies
- Commitment to creating an inclusive and supportive learning environment
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers is an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and is proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. As standard, you will receive access to high street, travel, gym discounts and many other exclusive deals, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services via our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and get £100 in Amazon vouchers for both you and the recommended individual after the qualifying period. You will also be entered into a draw to win a European holiday worth £1000! If you know someone looking for work in education, please get in touch with us today.