The SEN team at UCM are working closely with a SEN School in Croydon, who are looking for passionate Therapy Assistants to join their nurturing team. You will be working within the Therapy Team and supporting the delivery of focussed sessions. This is a great opportunity for those with a background or keen interest in psychology, mental health support and therapeutic interventions to gain experience in the industry.
School and Role brief:
- “Good” Ofsted report
- Supportive SLT who promote weekly CPD
- On-site parking
- Working closely with SENCO and Therapy Team to best support individual SEN
- Planning and delivering tailored interventions
- Leading assessment and reporting feedback to MDT and families
The successful Trainee Counsellor will have:
- Background in Psychology, Therapy or related field
- Ideally a qualification in Psychology, Therapy or related field
- Experience supporting SEN, ideally in a school environment
- Confidence in delivering interventions
- A valid Enhanced DBS
Perks of working through UCM:
- Holiday pay and Pension available
- Free training course provided
- Salary review after 12 weeks
- Continual support from our team of experienced Consultants
If this sounds like you, please apply with your CV today!
UCM Education specialises in placing teachers and support staff in schools and nurseries throughout the UK. Due to the number of applications we receive for job posts, we cannot contact all unsuccessful applicants. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.