Are you a passionate and experienced Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) ready to make a positive impact in the lives of students? We have a fantastic opportunity for you to join a thriving school in Norwich and play a key role in shaping the educational experience for children with special educational needs.
Our client, a highly regarded school in the heart of Norwich, is committed to providing an inclusive and supportive learning environment. With a strong focus on student well-being and academic achievement, the school prides itself on fostering a sense of community and collaboration.
As the SENCO, you will be responsible for leading and coordinating the provision for students with special educational needs. Your role will involve:
- Developing and implementing effective strategies to support the inclusion of students with SEN
- Collaborating with teaching staff to ensure the delivery of high-quality, differentiated lessons
- Conducting assessments and working closely with external agencies to provide tailored support
- Keeping abreast of legislative changes and best practices in the field of special education
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and a relevant SEN qualification
- Proven experience as a SENCO in a school setting
- Strong knowledge of SEN legislation and best practices
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A commitment to creating an inclusive and positive learning environment
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and both you and the person you recommend receive £100 each in Amazon vouchers and a chance to win a holiday worth up to £1000 – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!