We have a school in March, Cambridgeshire, seeking a qualified primary school teacher to deliver small group tutoring sessions to a group of KS2 pupils from January 2024.
The pupils have been specially selected to be part of the programme to help them catch up to their peers and rebuild their confidence. Therefore, the school must have the same tutor for the entire duration of the assignment. Due to the nature of the role, you will be required to cover both literacy and numeracy for KS2. It will be Monday’s-Thursdays, 13.15-15.15.
Being an NTP tutor is convenient for qualified teachers looking to get back into work after periods away from teaching and want part-time hours to fit current commitments.
To be an NTP Tutor you will need to have the following:
- Qualified Teacher with QTS or equivalent
- An Enhanced DBS registered on the Update Service
- Previous tutoring or teaching experience, preferably in school settings
- Strong knowledge of the national curriculum and assessment requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Patience, empathy, and the ability to build rapport with students
- Be flexible with the hours they can work and willing to commit to long-term
- Be Confident in behavioural management skills.
- Be able to think on their feet and use different scaffolding strategies to teach the pupils
- Deliver high-quality tutoring sessions to students in need of additional support
- Tailor tutoring sessions to meet individual student needs and learning goals
- Identify areas for improvement and develop personalised learning plans
- Collaborate with school staff and parents to ensure a coordinated approach to learning support
- Monitor student progress and provide regular feedback
- Keep a record of the hours each pupil has been tutored
Why Step Teachers?
- Our 3 core values. Honesty, hard work and professionalism.
- Over 20 years in supply education professionals across East Anglia, North London, Hertfordshire and Plymouth.
- Long-standing relationships with Primary, Secondary and SEN Schools.
- We pay through PAYE weekly!
Step Teachers is endorsed as an approved supplier by the Crown Commercial Service and takes pride in being REC audited. This reflects our commitment to stringent checks in alignment with the REC Code of Professional Practice, emphasizing the safeguarding and advancement of children’s and young people’s welfare. Upon registration, candidates undergo various assessments, including an enhanced DBS check, comprehensive references encompassing the most recent employment, and confirmation of eligibility to work in the UK.
We provide an array of benefits, including high street discounts, travel perks, gym memberships, and numerous exclusive offers, coupled with standard physical and emotional well-being services through our payment portal. Introduce a friend to us and receive a share of £200 Amazon vouchers and a chance to win a European holiday worth £1000! – if you’re aware of anyone seeking temporary, permanent, or supply work, reach out to us without delay!