Are you a dynamic and versatile Music and Drama teacher ready to ignite the stage with the melodies and stories of the next generation? An exciting opportunity awaits for a Long-Term Supply Music and Drama Teacher to join our esteemed school in the picturesque county of Suffolk. This is a long-term, full-time position in the Saffron Waldon area starting in ASAP.
The school is a warm welcoming team with a family feel to their setup. They are passionate about inclusivity and are committed to the success of each student. The aim is for the students to build their confidence and develop character. If these values match yours, then this could be the perfect role.
- Possess strong knowledge of the Music & Drama curriculum at the KS3 and KS4 levels
- Be able to plan and deliver engaging, differentiated lessons
- Upkeep a clean, tidy, and considerate classroom environment ensuring safe storage of equipment/instruments
- Display a strong, mentoring personality toward students
- Cultivate positive relationships with students, working to inspire good behaviour and a passion for creative learning
- Cooperate with and support your colleagues and additional classroom staff
- Be able to accurately assess and report on your students, and articulate solutions to their difficulties
- Comply with and implement the school’s policies, and take part in their supportive educational ethos
Requirements for this role:
- Recent mainstream school-based experience teaching Music and Drama
- A relevant related degree is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in music or related field.
- Excellent communication and classroom management skills.
- Ability to inspire and motivate students to achieve their full potential.
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional well-being services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and you each receive a £100 Amazon voucher and enter into a draw to win a £1000 holiday!– If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!