4on/4off Days and Nights
The business are a globally recognised food manufacturer and one of the biggest employees in west Brom with over 500 employees and are partnered with some of the most iconic brands in the UK. They have an exceptional reputation with the industry and operate out of a fully automated state of the art plant. They have recently developed an in house training programme whereby current and new maintenance engineers will have the chance to learn electrical skills such as PLC u-skilling with a new test rig.
As a maintenance engineer some of the machines you will be working on include but not limited to: Ovens, fryers, conveyors, packaging machines, robots, slicers, provers, metal detectors and other bespoke machinery.
What’s In it for you as a maintenance engineer?
- Work in an automated plant – recession proof
- Genuine progression routes to controls roles
- PLC training
- staff shop
- Canteen with subsidised food
- Sick pay
- Good pension
- Employee well-being scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Overtime paid at x1.5 and double time as a maintenance engineer
Experience required for the role as a maintenance engineer
- At least 3 year’s experience working as a multi-skilled maintenance engineer (either bias)
- Exp. with belts, chains, conveyors, pulleys, straps, gearboxes etc is advantageous
- experience working in an manufacturing environment