Salary – £35,000 – £40,000 p/a
Location – Alton
Shift – 8 – 5 Monday to Friday.
Orion are proud to partner with a family run business based in Hampshire (soon moving to Alton). They design and manufacture innovative accessories for a professional industry and are currently recruiting for a CNC Machinist. This is a varied role where you will be working on prototypes from 3D printed models so you’ll be glad to hear it’s not the same machined part all day long!
The successful CNC Machinist will have experience working on both manual and CNC machines, ideally Mazak. The role will be primarily milling based but you must be willing to run other types of machines as well as undertake other shop-based tasks.
Job Responsibilities of the CNC Machinist
- Adhere to all health and safety regulations and report any concerns.
- Setting and operating Mazak CNC machines.
- Making CAM programs using Fusion 360
- Reading and understanding technical drawings.
- Working with our R&D team to product prototypes for new products
- Working with other departments to help solve issues.
The successful CNC Machinist will have the below skills and experience:
- Experience of CAD design and CAM programming.
- The ability to understand and modify programmes where needed.
- The ability to use inspection tools (I.E micrometres, callipers, DTI clocks ETC.) to ensure parts are made to spec.
- The ability to use general shop tools such as saw’s, pillar drills grinding equipment, ETC. in a safe manner.
- General knowledge of tooling types and the appropriate application of them.
If you are interested in this CNC Machinist role click ‘apply’ or contact Charlie at Orion Reading today, thank you.